I have always been a huge oatmeal fan. There just isn’t a heartier, healthier breakfast in my opinion. I have loved mixing all sorts of textures and flavors in my oatmeal, and this one is no exception. If you’re tired of cold cereal, give this delicious and healthy recipe a try!
Apple Pie Oatmeal Bowls
Bring the fall flavors of apple pie into your morning routine. These apple oatmeal bowls are a healthy and flavor packed breakfast you are going to love!Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups regular oats
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large apple cored and diced
- Almond milk or regular milk for serving
- Extra brown sugar or honey for topping
- Core and dice the apples into bite sized pieces.
- Pour the water into a sauce pan over a medium-high heated stove. Bring the water to a boil. Add the oats and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add the apple pieces and stir. Turn down the heat to low and simmer the oatmeal until it is tender and cooked.
- Once it is thick, remove from the heat and add the seasonings, brown sugar and almond milk or regular milk until the oatmeal is your desired thickness.
- Serve warm with extra brown sugar or a drizzle of honey to the top.