I’m sure all of you are not new to the novel idea of a mud cake. However, this was my first time ever making one and I am in love! This recipe for Kodiak Chocolate Mug Cake is a combination of dessert and breakfast. Really, I could eat this cake anytime of day and fell very little guilt about it. It’s filled with loads of protein to help keep you nice and full for hours and stop those chocolate cravings.
Sometimes I am just craving a sweet, chocolatey treat without all the fat and calories. It’s nice to have a quick option that is literally done in one minute. It’s awesome. I added some Nutella and Almond Butter for an even better, richer tasting twist. This recipe kind of reminds me of our Triple Chocolate Protein Pancakes from a few years ago. Those pancakes are also a fave!
Best part about this recipe is that Kodiak Pancake Mix is on coupon at Costco. This is the perfect week to stock your food storage with several extra boxes for a later day. Whenever you see a grocery deal that is labeled with the GOLD TAG, these items are the best ones to stock up on that week. When Costco has items on coupon they are generally always these Gold/Best prices. If it’s an item that can store long term, then stock up to save you money down the road.
Stock up on Kodiak Pancake mix and enjoy this recipe for Kodiak Chocolate Mug Cake for years to come!
Triple Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- 1/3 cup Kodiak Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbs. chocolate almond milk
- 2-3 Tbs. milk or semi chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs. Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 Tbs. Almond Butter
- 1 Tbs. chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In the bottom of a regular sized, ceramic mug add all of the dry ingredients. Add the almond milk and stir. Take a spoonful of the Nutella and Almond Butter and spoon into the center of the batter. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips. Place in the microwave for 1 minute. Don't over cook. The cake will bubble up just a little bit and that's okay. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if you wish. Or, drizzle with extra Nutella (or Maple Syrup) for a little extra sweetness. Serve warm.