Here in Utah it’s been a little dreary and wet these past few days. My cooking class this month was all about Caribbean recipes and everything pineapple and coconut yumminess! It was the perfect way to spend a cold, spring day, drinking pina coladas looking at it snowing outside.
We also made this Rumbi’s salad which has been a favorite of ours for many years. I love the flavorful dressing, sweet mango, feta cheese and grilled chicken. The combinations of all of the flavors are so amazing! I hope you these recipes bring a little sunshine and warmth to your meal plan.
- 2 heads romaine chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese freeze extras for later
- 3 to matoes diced
- 1 mango diced (or can use 1 can mandarin oranges)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked & seasoned
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic or 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder or fresh
- Grill or bake chicken that has been heavily seasoned with lemon pepper or steak seasoning (or just salt & pepper). Cut chicken into cubes and set aside. Cut lettuce, tomatoes, and mango. Cook rice until tender. For the dressing, blend the ingredients together until smooth. Layer salad with rice on the bottom of your plate, then lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, mango, feta cheese, and tortilla chips. Serve with dressing.