Almost every time I am invited to a dinner party I am asked to bring a dessert, unfortunately I don’t always have the time to whip up something extravagant. I have a few desserts up my sleeve that I use for such occasions. Most people do not make chocolate mousse at home because of the time it takes, not to mention the trickiness of dealing with egg whites makes some people nervous. Therefore any desserts that reminds them of the rare treat they may get only at a fancy restaurant is sure to impress. This recipe is not really chocolate mousse but its much better than plain chocolate pudding and reminds me more of a chocolate silk pie. With a little creativity you can make it look super gourmet with little effort and be out the door in less than 30 minutes with an impressive dessert. This recipe makes 15 four ounce servings which is a perfect for a crowd. I served them in these Crate & Barrel glasses I picked up with a gift card I received recently from my overly generous sister and niece. I have an obsession with small containers..they are so cute!
- 9 oz. chocolate cookie Oreo's, Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookie
- 3 Tbs. butter melted
- 2 3.9 oz packages chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 15 fresh raspberries or shaved chocolate
- Crush chocolate cookies in a food processor until fine and then stir in melted butter. Divide crust into the container of your choosing. In a medium sized bowl mix chocolate pudding, whole milk, and vanilla with electric beaters until really thick, about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl beat heavy cream until peaks start to form, add powdered sugar and continue to beat until you have soft peaks. Fold 3/4 of the heavy whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well combined. Divide into your containers and top with the additional whipped cream and garnish of your choice. Chill for 30 minutes before serving. If I am in a hurry when I make these I will leave home with them and then chill them at the the party I am going to:)
- Helpful Tips:
- If you are trying to make these lovely treats look fancy put the pudding mixture in a zip lock bag and cut off a corner to pipe it into your containers. Repeat with the whipped cream.
- If you don't have fresh berries you can top with chocolate shavings, cookie crumbs, Hershey syrup, sprinkles or what ever else you can come up with without having to go to the store:)