Since we are focusing on our favorite salads on our blog this week, I couldn’t help but highlight my ALL-time favorite salad. If I had to choose just one as my all around favorite salad, this recipe would be the winner-winner-chicken-dinner 😉 This salad has so many elements, textures and flavors happening, you couldn’t help but love it. Whether it’s the candied nuts, the sweet and tangy maple dressing, the grilled chicken, the tart apples, or the flavor-filled cheese–there is nothing not to love about this salad. If you want a quick, fresh, summer salad, bookmark this recipe and enjoy it for many months to come 😉
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 cup candied pecans almonds or cashews
- 1-1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 granny smith apples diced
- 1 bag baby spinach 14-16 oz.
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- MAPLE DRESSING
- 2/3-3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2-3 Tbls. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cayenne pepper or sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Grill the chicken breast, season and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the bell pepper, red onion, apples and romaine lettuce. Place all of the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl. Make the salad dressing and serve over salad when ready to eat.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Serve over salad when ready to serve.