This Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake is one of those desserts that would be a shame to miss out on before raspberries are out of season and summer is over. The fresh lemon and the sweet raspberries go perfectly together in this simple dessert. Using the freeze dried raspberries makes the flavors be packed into every bite without the excess moisture from using fresh raspberries.
Although there are three steps, this dessert comes together very quickly. If you are in a hurry you could even just use a store bought graham cracker crust to speed up the process. The cheesecake mixture does not need to bake which makes for a simple dessert that is cool and refreshing. I made this cheesecake for my Grandma’s 86th birthday (I love you Grandma!) and we all devoured the entire pan within minutes. Watch for raspberries to be on sale these next couple of weeks and make this delicious recipe, you are sure to love it!
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz. Tub Cool Whip
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries crushed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries sliced
- 1/4 cup canned lemon pie filling for garnish (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, and with an electric mixer, cream the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the sugar. Add vanilla, lemon zest and whip until fluffy. Crush the freeze dried raspberries and add to the cream cheese mixture. Fold in cool whip. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm. Top with fresh raspberries (or your favorite toppings of choice). Drizzle the lemon pie filling over the cheesecake if you wish.