Ditch your boring, used up and flavorless chicken recipes and switch that with this Santa Fe Chicken dish you won’t be able to get enough of. The chicken is marinated in a slightly sweet, savory and spicy marinade giving this chicken incredible flavor. Grill the seasoned chicken and top on a bed of Spanish rice and garnish with this healthy, fresh, Black Bean Salsa. Top with some queso fresco cheese and you have a healthy, flavorful chicken dish you won’t want to miss.
Remember to use our meal planning app, Prepear to get all of your weekly meals planned for you and make shopping fun again. This app is a game-changer when it comes to grocery shopping and meal planning. It’s super user friendly and at only $4.95 a month, it’s a no brainer!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbs. Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder
- Black Bean Salsa:
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 8 oz. Grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup marinade ingredients above
- 1 box Chicken or Spanish Rice Roni made to box directions
- Trim the boneless chicken of any pieces of fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour half of the mixture onto the chicken and let marinade for an hour (or longer). Reserve the rest of the marinade for later.
- For the Salsa:
- Open and drain the cans of beans and corn and pour into a serving bowl. Cut the avocados and tomatoes and add to the beans.
- Chop the cilantro, dice the bell pepper and add to the bowl. To the salsa, add 1/4 cup of the marinade and toss. Set aside while you grill the chicken.
- Once you are ready to make the chicken, start by making the box of Rice Roni according to box directions.
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to high heat. Once the grill is hot, add the chicken breasts to the grill. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Once the chicken breasts are cooked through, remove from the grill and drizzle with the last of the marinade.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of rice and top with the salsa.