This is recipe makes for the perfect side dish to any of your favorite Mexican dishes. It’s a super simple version of Spanish Rice and comes together super quickly. This recipe is even easier to make when you have leftover rice. It comes together in only a few minutes with day old rice and tastes wonderful.
- 3-4 c. cooked rice
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice as you normally would. Dice the onions and peppers into small pieces. In a saute pan drizzle with a little olive oil and add the vegetables. Saute until tender. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked rice, salsa, lime juice, salt/pepper, cilantro, and shredded cheese. Keep rice warm until ready to serve.