One of my favorite parts about summer is the fresh veggies from the garden. If you have a lot of zucchini, yellow squash, onions and peppers in your fridge, this is the recipe for you! When I’m looking for a simple side dish, this is my go-to this time of year. Hope you enjoy and are having a great week 😉
Check out our DEALS PAGE to find all of the best produce deals in your area. Everything you need for this simple recipe is on sale throughout the country!
- 1 Tbs. butter or olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 medium zucchini sliced thin
- 2 yellow squashes sliced thin.
- 2-3 to matoes diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. parsley dried or fresh, chopped
- Slice the zucchini and yellow squash in 1/4 inch thick round sliced. Chop the onion into long thin strips. Saute the squash and onion on butter (or olive oil) until slightly soft. Add the garlic and continue to saute. While the squash is cooking, dice the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes into the squash mixture and season with salt, pepper, parsley. Once tomatoes soften a little, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve warm. (Don't over cook the squash or it will be to soggy. Keep the squash a little tender to hold their form)