Ready for a really inexpensive, delicious meal you can make in less than 30 minutes for under $10? This is the recipe for you! Login to Deals to Meals to see all of the great grocery deals in your area. One of the ways Deals to Meals can save you so much money is by turning the grocery deals into your weekly meal plan. Here is an example. Smiths (and Kroger) have chicken, pineapple, bbq sauce and cheese all on sale. What meal does that spell? For me, this means BBQ Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas are on our menu. These are so easy to make and such a delicious way to make a homemade meal without spending a lot of money. Login to Deals to Meals to have access to all of the best deals in your area, as well as our meal planner to help simplify your life.
- 3 cup cooked shredded or cubed boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can tidbit pineapple drained (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce may need a little more
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 Tbs. green onions sliced
- 2 cup monterey jack or mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced small (optional--adds great color)
- 8 flour tortillas wheat or white
- Cut, shred or cube cooked chicken. Season chicken with Montreal Seasoning or salt & pepper. Drain the pineapple and cut the other vegetables. Warm a flat skillet to medium low heat. Put a pat of butter on the hot skillet. Place one of the tortillas on the skillet. Drizzle the entire tortilla with barbeque sauce. Place 3/4 cup of shredded chicken all over the tortilla along with some pineapple, red onions,red pepper, cilantro and green onions. Sprinkle generously with shredded cheese. Put the top tortilla on top of the quesadilla. Cook on the skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla golden brown. Flip tortilla and cook on the other side until browned. Makes 4 quesadillas.