Summer is almost over and I can’t tell you how many times I have made this salad. It is for sure a new favorite! Buffalo flavors have been my recent addiction. These flavors of this Buffalo Chicken Salad have delicious combination of flavors. The spicy chicken, creaminess of the blue cheese (or ranch dressing), tomatoes, corn, celery, avocados, blue cheese (or feta cheese), etc.
This salad is packed with flavor and is officially now in my top three favorite salads. If there is a warm day left in the next few weeks and you are craving a salad, put this one on your meal planner! It comes together in no time if you have grilled chicken in your freezer. Hope this salad brings back a few of your favorite memories from this past summer. Where does the time go? Only 53 more days until Christmas..ah!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned
- 2 heads romaine lettuce you can also add spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 4 eggs boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Blue cheese crumbles garnish (optional)
- Favorite blue cheese or ranch dressing
- While you are preparing the salad, remove one cup of frozen corn from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter. Prepare the chicken by cooking or grilling the chicken breasts until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is cooked, dice the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. If you like extra spice, you can pour some Frank's Hot Sauce over the cut up pieces of chicken to give them more flavor. In a small pan, add some water and place the four eggs into the pan. Bring the water to a rolling boil and then boil for 1 minute. Turn the heat to low and continue to simmer for 6-8 minutes, and then remove from the stove. Let the eggs cool and then peel. Chop the cooked eggs into pieces and set aside. Chop the lettuce and place in a large salad bowl. Cut up the tomatoes and add to the salad bowl. Add the cooked eggs to the salad. Dice the celery and avocado and also add to the salad. Slice the green onios and garnish the top of the salad with those, as well as the thawed corn. Add the cut up chicken to the top of the salad and serve with your favorite blue cheese or ranch dressing.