This Butterfinger Caramel Cake is a delicious dessert for any time of year. The cake is moist, soft and goes perfectly with the drizzled caramel that soaks the cake and whipping cream topping. Top with crushed butterfinger candy bars on top and you’ll be in heaven!
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 12 oz. jar caramel topping
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip (or whipping cream)
- 3-4 regular sized butterfinger candy bars
- Prepare the cake, according to directions and pour in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake as the cake instructions indicate. When the cake is done, remove it from the oven. Let cake cool for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon or a fork. While cake is still warm, drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes. Once the cake is cool, spread cool whip over the top evenly. Crush the butterfinger candy bars. Sprinkle with crushed Butterfinger candy bar pieces. Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.