How can such a simple recipe like these Baked Sriracha Chicken Taquitos be so delicious and fun to eat? These taquitos are crispy, cheesy, melty and flavorful. The Sriracha gives these tacos the perfect amount of heat that is cooled off with the shredded cheese and creamy mayo. Serve these plain or as an appetizer for a party. No matter how you serve them, you are going to love them!!
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts shredded
- 1 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup Sriracha more or less if too spicy
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbs. Sriracha sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn tortillas
- Butter or olive oil for baking
- Preheat oven (when ready to bake) to 425 degrees.
- Place the boneless chicken into a slow cooker and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Once the chicken is tender and shreddable, remove from the juices and place the chicken breasts into a bowl.
- Shred the chicken into thin pieces and season with the salt, sugar, Montreal, brown sugar, lime juice, green onions, mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Add the shredded cheese to combine. Once everything is combined, start putting the taquitos together.
- On a cookie sheet, drizzle some olive oil or melted butter and with a pastry brush, brush the oil all over the pan.
- Take a corn tortilla and place a small amount of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Roll super tight and place fold side down on the sheet pan. Continue to do this with the remaining tortillas. If you prefer flour tortillas you can also use those in place of corn.
- With a pastry brush, brush the tops of the taquitos with a little bit of oil. Bake the taquitos for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve with extra Sriracha and mayo mixed together, ranch or just plain. Serve hot.
If you don’t have time to cook the chicken in a slow cooker all day you can use rotisserie chicken or freeze dried chicken from Thrive. Either one will work just great!