Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope the Leprechauns found your homes and brought you something yummy and green..or even better, a pot of gold 😉 Yesterday we were trying to think of a yummy green treat and we came up with these simple Chocolate Mint Oreo Cupcakes that were SUPER yummy!! I happened to have a package of mint Oreo cookies and thought they would be fun put inside the center of a moist, chocolate cupcake. Top this cupcake with a mint buttercream frosting and you have a dessert for tonight that is simple and festive 😉 Have a great day!
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake
- Capful of mint extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package Mint Oreo Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup milk add a little more if necessary
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- Mini chocolate chips or crushed Oreo cookies for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix up the cake mix ingredients until smooth. Pour into 20-24 cupcake tins that have been lined with cupcake liners. Place a tablespoon of cake batter in the bottom of each muffin tin. Place one Oreo cookie on top of the batter in the cupcake liner. Cover the top of the cookie with another 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of batter until the batter is all gone and the muffins are filled to 2/3 full. Place the muffins in the oven and bake 15-18 minutes, or until the center comes out clean. The muffins will cook a little quicker because of the dry cookie in the center. While the muffins are baking, make the buttercream frosting. This is my favorite recipe, just add a capful of mint extract to the whipped frosting. Frost the cupcakes and top with mini chocolate chips or crushed Oreo cookie pieces.