One of my favorite aspects of summer is all of the berries on sale and in season. I can’t get enough of fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. When they go on sale for ‘red’ deals (check Deals to Meals before you go shopping) I stock my fridge and freezer with them. This week at many stores you can get an 18 oz. package of blueberries for only $2.50-$3.50. That’s a great deal and the time to stock up!
I bought several packages yesterday and wanted to make a cool and refreshing dessert. I had some cream cheese in my fridge and came up with this super fluffy, rich, vanilla cheesecake pudding. Add some fresh fruit to the pudding and a spoonful of Cool Whip and you have a summer dessert everyone will love! Hope you’re having a great summer!!
- 2 4.6 oz. packages Jello Vanilla Cook n' Serve Pudding
- 5 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. marshmallow cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Cool Whip Topping or real whipped cream
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the pudding and the milk. Turn to medium-high heat and continue to whisk until the pudding begins to thicken. Once the pudding is thick, remove from the heat and place in the fridge for about an hour, or until cooled.
- When the pudding is cooled, place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. With an electric beater, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the marshmallow cream, vanilla and salt to the cream cheese and continue to mix until whipped and smooth. To this mixture, pour in the pudding and beat until the mixture is combined and smooth. Place the pudding back into the fridge and keep cold until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spoon out a generous portion of the pudding, top with a spoonful of whipped topping and top with fresh berries or fruit of your choice. Serve cold.