These Apple Protein Pancakes are not only delicious and simple, but have a healthy element your kids will love! The extra protein from the Kodiak cakes, along with the fiber and vitamins from the apples, make this breakfast the perfect way to start the day! I used Thrive Life’s Fuji Apples that are an all-time-favorite snack, as well as so fun to use in cooking! They are on sale this month, so it’s a great time to add some extra nutrients and flavor to your food storage.
- 2 cups Kodiak Pancake Mix
- 2 cups 7Up or favorite lemon/lime soda can use water if you don't have sode
- 1 cup Thrive Life Fuji Apples cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- Dash of salt
- Butter for the griddle
- In a bowl, add the Kodiak (or Bisquick) cake mix.
- Cut up a cup of Thrive Life's Fuji Apples. Place in a bowl with the 7up to let the apples soften.
- Add the soda and the apple pieces to the pancake mix.
- Add the seasonings and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Heat a flat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Put a pat of butter on the griddle and move around.
- Pour a 1/4-1/2 cup of the pancake batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until the bubbles start to pop and you can flip the pancake to the other side.
- Cook on the second side until the pancake is golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.