Hi Friends! I thought it was fitting to celebrate the completion of our NEW blog launch by sharing with you a new video for our most popular recipe on our site. This homemade bread recipe I have been making for a decade now and I still LOVE IT! It is completely fail proof and now that we have a video, you’ll be able to make it too! Hope you love this video.
Stay tuned for some exciting giveaways and BIG updates on our blog. We’re finishing up some special giveaways and will be sharing those later this week. So…keep checking back friends 😉
- 7 cup whole wheat flour grind your own if you have a wheat grinder
- 2/3 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 5 cups hot water 120-130 F
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup honey or 1 c. sugar I like honey the best!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 4 1/2-5 cups whole wheat flour
- Mix together the first three ingredients in your mixer with a dough hook. Add water all at once and mix for 1 minute; cover and let rest for 10 minutes (this is called sponging). Add salt, oil, honey or sugar, and lemon juice and beat for 1 minute. Add last flour, 1 cup at a time, beating between each cup. Beat for about 6-10 minutes until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. This makes very soft dough.
- Pre-heat oven for 1 minute to lukewarm and turn off. Turn dough onto oiled counter top; divide, shape into loaves place in oiled bread pans. Let rise in warm oven for 10-15 minutes until dough reaches top of pan. Do not remove bread from oven; turn oven to 350 F and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on racks. This recipe can be halved to make 2 loaves.
I ONLY uses Bakers Secret 8x4 inch non stick pans (I have found them at Smith's grocery store).
**Another tip..when the dough is put into the bread pans, squish the dough softly into the corners of your bread loaf pans. This will make your bread cook more evenly and not have the large lump in the middle of your loaf.