My family knows I am just a little obsessed with muffins and these Flourless Banana Oat Muffins are some of our favorites. They are my go-to snack for my kiddos and I bring them anywhere I know I am going to be with my 13 nieces and nephews. Every kid loves a muffin and they are a quick and healthy(ish) snack to help tide kids over before the next meal.
It seems the entire world is trying to eat low carb, and I guess I have joined that banned wagon (okay, sometimes that is). So, when I came up on a flourless muffin recipe from Creme de la Crumb, I knew I wanted to tweak it and give it a try.
I made a few changes to their recipe and they turned out AMAZING!! You would never know there is no flour in this recipe. I can’t wait for you to try these.
Flourless Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins
- 3 cups old fashioned dried oats
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- Toppings: chocolate chips coconut, nuts, cinnamon, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a blender add all of the wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to blend until smooth.
- Place the muffin wrapper into a muffin tin. Place about 1/4 cup of the batter into each wrapper. Top each muffin with your desired toppings (chocolate chip, coconut, cinnamon/sugar, or chopped nuts).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the centers are puffed up and cooked in the center.