Looking for a delicious and healthy recipe to add to your meal plan this week? This recipe for Garlic Lime Grilled Steak Tostadas was a HUGE hit this week at our home. I decided to add it to the meal planner this week since steak is on sale in several areas.
Login to Deals to Meals to get this recipe and find out where all of the best grocery deals are in your area.
Or, just use the marinade recipe for your favorite meat to grill and cook up this summer. It’s simple, yet full of flavor and tastes great on just about everything!
- 4 boneless beef steaks
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup green salsa verde
- 1 package tostadas shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 box Spanish Rice homemade recipe or boxed
- Place the steak pieces into a ziploc bag. Add the marinade ingredients to the bag and move the steak around until it's all coated. Keep in the fridge until ready to grill.
- Make the spanish rice (homemade or just make up a box of Rice Roni Spanish Rice. Dice the tomatoes and slice the lettuce.
- For the dressing, mix together the ranch dressing and the salsa verde until combined.
- When ready to prepare, heat a grill to high heat. Place the pieces of steak on the grill and sear on high heat the bottom side of each of the steaks. After 3-5 minutes, turn the steak over to the other side and continue to grill until the center of the steak is your desired doneness level (rare, medium rare, well done, etc.). This cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickenss of your steak.
- When the steak is cooked to your liking, remove from the grill and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes. After it's rested, slice the steak into thin strips and set aside.
- To prepare the tostadas, place a tostade on the bottom of a plate. Add on top the Spanish rice, some lettuce, cheese, the grilled steak, diced tomatoes, cilantro (optional garnish). Drizzle the ranch dressing on the top and serve.