How is your garden doing? I am not sure what I am doing wrong these past couple of years, but my garden (especially my tomatoes) have really struggled. Is it just me? I went up the other day and was thrilled with some of the growth of some vegetables and completely disappointed in others. I can’t believe it’s September and I have only gotten 4 tomatoes so far. When I had to buy tomatoes at Walmart the other day it almost brought tears to my eyes. However, I will count my blessings that a few things are growing really well. Here is some of what I harvest from my garden over the weekend. I was laughing hysterically when I found six HUGE cabbage heads in my garden. I don’t even remember planting six plants. What was I thinking? After eating fish tacos and coleslaw for a few days I think I have had more cabbage than I ever wanted to. Thankfully neighbors were happy to take the rest off my hands.
Here’s a delicious zucchini recipe for you! For those of you who are obsessed with Cheesecake Factory like I am, they make a Corn Succotash which I love. It is filled with sweet corn, a little spice and sautéed zucchinis and onion in a buttery sauce. It’s really quite delightful and a simple side dish to any recipe. You will love this simple recipe!
- 1 lb. frozen corn or you can use fresh corn
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 1 jalapeno diced small
- 1 cup zuccchini cut into small diced cubes
- 1 cup red pepper or cherry tomatoes diced (or tomatoes cut in half)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbls. cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cut the red onion, jalapeno, zucchini and red pepper and set aside. In a saute pan, heat the butter until melted and hot. Add the onions and jalapeno and saute until the onions become tender. Turn the heat down to medium and add the zucchini, red pepper and the rest of the seasonings and garlic. Continue to saute until the zucchini are tender, but not mushy. Add the corn and continue to saute for a couple more minutes until the corn and everything is hot and ready to serve. Serve the succotash with any of your favorite meals.