Happy Labor Day! Hope you all are having a wonderful day and enjoying a day off of work (hopefully) and a chance to be with your friends and family. Make sure and login to our website today to find all of the best Labor Day sales in your area. Everything you need for your bbq’s is on sale…ketchup, mustard, hot dogs, relish, watermelon, corn on the cob, baked beans, bbq sauce, chips, etc. Lots of great deals this week!
Speaking of barbecues, this is a favorite burger we whip up when we want a traditional burger with a little extra pizazz!
- Burger Meat:
- 2 lbs. ground turkey or beef
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/2 cup panko or breadcrumbs
- 2 inch fresh ginger or 2-3 t. powder ginger
- 4 shallots or green onions diced
- Salt & pepper
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- 6-8 pieces lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Sliced pineapple rings optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, panko (breadcrumbs), ginger, green onions and salt & pepper together. Once the ground beef mixture is combined and incorporated, shape the meat into four patties. Grill or cook the beef patties in a large skillet (or on a grill) for about 5 minutes on each side. If they are a thick patty, cover the skillet for part of the cooking time to help them cook through. Once the burgers are browned and cooked through, serve them on a hamburger bun with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and a slice of pineapple (if you choose).