Can you believe it is nearly the 4th of July? I feel like I say this every year, but this summer is flying by! I love this week and all of it’s fun family traditions. There’s our small town parade, a hot air balloon festival, bbq at a park, fireworks, hiking to Bridal Veil Falls, birthday parties, and so much fun family time. Not to mention school will finally be out for all 5 of my children. I can hardly wait! And of course, this holiday wouldn’t be complete without several good cook-outs on the grill. I am so thankful for my friend Ellen who sent me this amazing Honey Orange Grilled Pork recipe. If you want something more sophisticated this weekend than a hot dog, this recipe is for you!! It is amazing and with the sticky, sweet glaze, your whole family will gobble these up!! 😉
- 4 boneless pork chops each about 3/4-1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or apricot marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard or Dijon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a clean grill to medium-high
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, and rosemary. Transfer half to a small bowl to glaze the pork chops. Reserve the remaining glaze and mix with marmalade and mustard to glaze the pork and use as a dip.
- Lightly brush the pork chops with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Lightly brush the honey-rosemary glaze on both sides of each chop.
- Place the chops on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the chops. Continue cooking for 6 to 8 more minutes. I like mine medium but if you want them well done continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Remove the chops from the grill, brush with more glaze, and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze as a dip!