Many of you are familiar with our favorite corn bread recipe. To me, there is nothing really better. However, my sister the other night made a Jalapeno Cheddar version of our cornbread and they were the tastiest muffins around. You have the sweetness of the cornbread with the spicy jalapenos and the melted cheese and it was a match made in heaven! Ever since then we have loved these muffins served with any of our favorite Mexican dishes or soups. These muffins are amazing dipped in a spicy tortilla soup or served along side some pulled pork. No matter what you serve them with, they will be a hit with your whole family!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil or melted butter
- 3 Tbs. diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or lightly grease 12 muffin tins (or use muffin wrappers). In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and oil until well combined. Add the jalapeno peppers and cheese and combine. Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.