This week on our meal planner we have a delicious recipe for Kalua Pork Sliders. With the pork I bought on sale I threw this pork in the crock pot and this dinner came together in a snap. I loved the smoky flavor of the pork with the sweet pineapple coleslaw. It was like having a bit of Hawaii in my own kitchen. If you need a fresh, new dish this recipe is awesome 🙂
- 1 pkg. hamburger buns or rolls
- 3-4 lb. boneless pork loin or roast
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbls. Montreal Seasoning or just Kosher salt
- PINEAPPLE SLAW
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 large head cabbage sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbls. stone ground dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Dash cayenne pepper or more if you like more spice
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- Place the pork, liquid smoke, water and seasoning in a crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork shreds easily. Shred pork and keep in the juices in the crock pot. Prepare the coleslaw for serving.
- Prepare the vegetables and pineapple and place in a serving bowl. In a seperate bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the slaw. Toss to combine.
- To prepare the sandwiches place a portion of the shredded pork on the roll. Top with some of the slaw and then drizzle with barbeque sauce. Serve warm or cold.