It’s almost the weekend and this Orange Cranberry Breakfast Casserole will brighten your morning and get you up and ready for the day! This overnight casserole is such a wonderful way to incorporate Thrive Life’s Cranberries that are on sale this month at 50% off. I love Craisins but they are so full of sugar. Thrive’s Cranberries have a little cane sugar but are mostly fresh, tender and perfectly tart. They are such a fun snack, added in a trail mix combination, add in smoothies, on desserts or breakfast recipes. No matter how you enjoy this snack, you are going to love it!
This casserole is so delicious I can’t wait for you to try it. You can use fresh eggs or powdered eggs. Either way, it’s such a simple and fun recipe to make in the morning (or at night and bake in the morning). Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups white bread cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Thrive Life Cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Thrive Life Powdered Milk
- 2/3 cup Thrive Life Egg Powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- Cool Whip
- Maple or Butter Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the cubed bread into the dish.
- Top the bread with the Thrive Life Cranberries..
- In a bowl, whisk together the water, powdered milk, powdered eggs, vanilla, salt, orange juice and zest and sugar.
- Pour this mixture over the dried bread and cranberries.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the center seems firm and no longer soft.
- While the casserole is baking you can whip the whipped topping, make some cream cheese frosting to drizzle over the top or just enjoy with maple syrup for more of a breakfast casserole.
- Serve syrup or toppings over baked casserole.
- If you want to make this casserole using fresh eggs, simply replace the water with 1 3/4 cup milk and 8 eggs. The rest of the recipe will be the same.