I just wanted to say happy 61st birthday to my amazing Dad! I love him so much and am so thankful for all that he has taught me. I feel so blessed to be his daughter and am so grateful to have amazing parents who have been such great examples to me. It has been 5 years since my Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and we thought we would lose her. She was given only a couple months to live and thanks to prayers and miracles from God she is still with us today. Being able to go on vacations like we did to Canada with my parents, and seeing them so happy and healthy, makes me sit back and count my blessings for everyday we have together.
Over these many years with my Dad I have quickly learned the way to his heart is through his stomach. He is my number one taste tester and gives me the most honest (yes, critical at times) feedback of anyone I know. If my Dad says something is good, you know it is great! I love to call him and have him come over to try new recipes and see his reactions. For his birthday this year he wanted me to make his favorite cake–Pineapple Cream Cheese Cake. This recipe has been in our family for as long as I can remember and it is definitely one of my favorite cake recipes! The great thing about this cake is there is no oil in the cake batter. Yes, there is plenty of sugar, but it makes me feel a little better that there isn’t any oil. The cake is extremely moist, dense and smothered in this cream cheese frosting you can’t go wrong! It is a simple cake to make and a crowd pleaser for sure. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do. Happy Birthday Dad!!
- Pineapple Cake:
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple don't drain
- 1 cup sugar can use up to 1 1/2 cups if you like it more sweet
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the cake, add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes, or until the center of the cake is cooked through.
- When the cake is finished, remove from the oven and let rest while you make the frosting.For the frosting, place the butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Whisk with a hand mixer until smooth and incorporated. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the butter and cream cheese and continue to whisk until fluffy and soft.
- When the cake is cooled, frost with the frosting and then serve.