Hi Friends! I hope you are having a great week. I’m excited to share a new recipe I created that I’m highlighting from this week’s new meal planner. I bought the big jar of sundried tomatoes from Costco and I have been LOVING trying new recipes with them. The nice thing is they freeze great, so if you can’t use them all within a few months, just freeze them in small baggies for later.
*Btw, this sundried tomato spread is heavenly on pretty much every type of sandwich, as a veggie dip or warm it up and eat it with tortilla chips. Really, no matter how you serve it, you’re going to love it!
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes diced
- 2 cup kale minced fine
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- SAUTEED ONIONS/MUSHROOMS:
- 2 Tbs. olive oil or butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- SUNDRIED TOMATO SPREAD:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 ct. hamburger buns
- 1-2 to matoes sliced (optional)
- 5-6 pieces lettuce
- Dice the onion into small, fine pieces. Chop the sundried tomatoes into small pieces (keep the olive oil with the tomatoes). For the turkey burgers, mix together the turkey, diced onion, chopped sundried tomatoes, chopped kale, seasonings and panko in a large mixing bowl. Once the mixture is combined, form into 3-4 inch wide patties.
- For the sundried tomato spread, heat the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl until soft. Mix with a fork until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and set aside until ready to serve.
- If you want carmelized onions and mushrooms with your burger you can slice those and saute in some olive oil until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers on a hot outdoor or indoor grill, or on a flat griddle. Cook the burgers on one side until golden brown and then flip to the other side. Continue to cook until the center of the burgers is no longer pink.
- Spread one side of the hamburger bun with the sundried tomato spread. Place the burger on the bun and top with lettuce, tomatoes and the sauted onions and mushrooms. If you like balsamice glaze, you can drizzle that on as well. Serve warm.
- *For a lower carb version, serve on lettuce instead of a bun.