And I couldn’t be more grateful for each of you and your support of us these past 10 years. Deals to Meals has been around for so long and that is because of each of you. I truly love each of you so much and appreciate you spreading the word about what we do. After all these years, I still love what I do and couldn’t be happier to help each of you in a small way.
Sharing new recipes with you is a highlight of my job and this recipe will not disappoint. I watched The Pioneer Woman make this dip at the beginning of the year on the Food Network and I knew this was going to become a new family favorite. I’m not kidding, I have made this dip so many times since that day and people rave about it every time I make it! This is a crowd pleaser for sure. I tweaked her recipe a little and added some more flavor, but other than that, it’s plain perfection. Whether it’s for a simple vegetarian meal, a snack, a side dish or an appetizer, you are going to LOVE this recipe!
Creamy Mexican Corn Salsa Dip
- 1 lb. frozen corn thawed
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Dice the onion, bell peppers, jalapeno into small diced pieces.
- Heat a saute pan to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil or a piece of butter. Heat it until hot and then add the onions and saute until tender. Turn down the heat and add the peppers.
- Add the frozen corn and continue to cook until the corn is softened. Add all of the seasonings to the vegetables and saute.
- Add the hot vegetables into a bowl and then add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and diced green chilies. Mix it all together until combined. Add the shredded cheese.
- Spray a 9x13 pan and pour the mixture into it and spread out flat. Bake at 400 degrees until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve the dip with chopped cilantro on top for garnish. Serve with chips or vegetables.