Hey guys! I am not kidding, I am in LOVE with this new product I have found. I really haven’t ever cooked with freeze dried food but I am quickly learning how wonderful and healthy these items are. We had a super busy night last night and instead of making an unhealthy, frozen meal, I decided to give some of these Thrive products a try. I was so amazed that in about 15 minutes I had a healthy, warm, delicious soup ready for my family.
For those of you following world events, there are so many concerns about food shortages, gas prices, inflation, world war, etc. In such a volatile world, it is imperative that we all are preparing our families for whatever may come. One of the most important ways to prepare is by stocking up your food storage with foods your family eats on a regular basis. Chicken is one of those items that can be stored for a year in the freezer, 2-3 years in a can or TWENTY years freeze dried.
I admit I was SUPER skeptical of freeze dried chicken. However, after using this chicken in this soup, I am hooked! It’s almost like magic. I’m not sure how the chicken goes from being dry, white and freeze dried into tender, juicy pieces of chicken. The chicken was dried in nice, white cubes that even have grilled lines. I loved that the chicken wasn’t shredded like tuna-fish texture. It stayed in the chunks and was so perfect for this soup. I can hardly wait to start making other recipes with these ingredients.
Now, you know me. I am not one to buy things at full price. That is why I only buy the Thrive Life products that go on sale each month. This month they have their chicken on sale until Monday, February 28th at midnight. This chicken would be an amazing item to add to your family’s food storage and help you be better prepared for a rainy day. Check out all of the delicious, healthy ingredients Thrive has to offer. Please reach out if you have any questions. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Here is a quick video I made of this recipe. Literally it was about 10-15 minutes from start to finish. Wahoo!
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Onions
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Zucchini Pieces
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans great northern white beans drained
- 3/4 cup Thrive Life Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup Thrive Life Corn
- 1/2 cup Thrive Life Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (or you can use 1 Tbs. dried cilantro)
- Tortilla chips
- In a soup pot, turn the heat to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the onions, peppers, and zucchini pieces. Saute until tender and add seasonings. Add the chicken broth, the canned beans, corn and chicken and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Spoon the soup into a bowl and garnish with tortilla chips, cheese and fresh cilantro.