- 4 boneless chicken breasts or bone-in breasts
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 2 cup lemon lime (7Up) soda pop
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (can use 3 cloves fresh garlic)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. horseradish
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stalk green onions, sliced (garnish optional)
- Mix together marinade ingredients and reserve 1 cup of the sauce for later. Add the rest of the marinade to the chicken and let marinade for 2 hours to overnight. Keep the extra marinade in the fridge until ready to grill and serve the chicken. When ready to cook the chicken, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a hot grill. Grill the chicken until cooked through (length will vary depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Discard leftover marinade.While the chicken is cooking, place the reserved marinade into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let boil until the sauce begins to thicken and coat the back of a spoon. If you like your sauce extra sweet, you can add a little more brown sugar to help your sauce thicken up. Once the sauce starts to look a little thicker, remove from the heat to let rest. Once the chicken is grilled, remove from the grill and place in a serving bowl or on a platter. Drizzle the chicken with the reserved marinade and garnish with green onions. Serve over rice for a delicious and healthy meal.
Here is another summer favorite recipe! Smoritos…yep, they are the best. Horrible picture but a fun way to enjoy all the flavors of the s’mores you love wrapped in a buttery tortilla. Simply delicious!
- 1 pkg. flour tortillas
- 1 pkg. large marshmallows
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- Cut off a 12x12 inch piece of tinfoil. Place the tortilla onto the foil. Place a few pieces of graham crackers in the center of the tortilla. Add some large marshmallows, a handful of chocolate chips, a couple slices of butter and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. Roll the tortilla cup with the sides folded inwards. Spray the tinfoil generously with some non-stick cooking spray. Roll the burritos up in the tinfoil. Place the foil wrapped burritos in the oven, on a grill or in a fire pit. Let it cook until the insides are nice and melted. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Unwrap and enoy.