Are you looking for a healthy, flavor filled, weeknight meal? This Asian Grilled Chicken with Broccoli Slaw is a favorite from our meal planner this week. The chicken is juicy, tender, sweet and delicious. Serve this chicken with the broccoli slaw and you have a healthy and amazing dinner for your family.
- CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 2-3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup salad dressing below
- 2 Tbs. McCormick Thai Seasoning
- ASIAN SLAW:
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 1/2 cup craisins dried cranberries
- 2 cans mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks or dried chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 bag broccoli slaw bag
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. ginger grated (or powder)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash salt
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the asian salad dressing ingredients. Remove a 1/2 of a cup of the dressing and place in a gallon ziploc bag. To the marinade, add the Thai seasoning and add the chicken to the bag. Zip up the top of the gallon bag and coat the chicken with the marinde. Place the chicken in the fridge until ready to grill. Chicken can be marinated for up to an hour, to overnight.
- When ready to grill the chicken, remove the chicken from the bag and place on a hot grill that has been heated to medium high heat. Place the chicken on the grill and keep the marinade to boil for the top of the chicken. Cook the chicken on both sides until it is cooked through. Bring in the chicken marinade and pour into a small sauce pan. Bring to a high boil and boil for 5-7 minutes, or until it begins to thicken. Watch carefully so it doesn't boil over. Remove from the heat and drizzle over the cooked chicken when it's done. While the chicken is cooking, make the slaw.
- For the slaw, toss all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until coated. Serve the slaw on the side of the grilled chicken.