Thanks for tuning into our Instagram Live today! It was great to have you join me. I hope you are loving learning how simple and fun it can be to cook healthy recipes from your food storage. Here are the recipes I made today so you can add those to your week’s meal plan or keep on hand to help rotate through your storage. You can also use fresh produce and meat instead of freeze dried items if you have those on hand. No matter what ingredients you use, you’re going to love these simple recipes!
Get all of the Thrive Life SALE ITEMS I mentioned in our segment HERE! This is the VERY best time to stock up on items you’ve been wanting to add to your food storage at the VERY lowest prices!! Don’t forget the MILK too. This is a favorite product of mine and it’s on sale again–wahoo! Thrive Life Milk is the very best powdered milk you will EVER store. Forget the days of clumpy, disgusting, awful powdered milk. Thrive’s milk tastes just like it’s being poured out of your milk jug from the store. It’s amazing……and it’s on SALE!
Baked Beef Chimichangas are a fan favorite you can make in about 10 minutes. I LOVE using Thrive Life meats in my meals when I’m in a hurry and don’t have time to cook up fresh meats. Thrive Life meats are all natural, healthy and take only 5 minute to hydrate and use in your recipes. These chimichangas can be baked, fried or just enjoyed as a burrito. You’re going to love this recipe in a pinch!
- 4 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 cups Thrive Life Ground Beef or 2 lbs. fresh ground beef
- 1 cup sliced Thrive Life Onions or 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Thrive Life Red Bell Peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Diced Green Chiles or 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 cup Thrive Life Refried Beans or omit water and use canned refried beans
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 Tbs. Taco seasoning
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tbs. Thrive Life Tomato Powder
- 1 cup Thrive Life Shredded Cheese
- If you are using fresh ingredients, heat a skillet or pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Add the freeze dried beef to the pan. Add the onions and peppers to the meat and sauce until tender. Add the spices to the meat and peppers. Add the water and the Thrive refried beans. If you aren’t using freeze dried beans then omit the water and add the canned refried beans. Stir the meat and beans and simmer until warm. Add the shredded cheese to the meat mixture and stir.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Brush some olive oil on the bottom of a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Put about 1/4-1/3 cup of the meat mixture down the center of a flour tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tight and place seam side down on the cookie tray. Continue to do this until all of the burritos are rolled and placed on the cookie sheet.
- Brush additional olive oil onto the tops of the burritos and on the sides.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake until golden brown. Serve the chimichangas with any of your favorite toppings (sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, etc.)
Spanish Rice is such a fresh and delicious side dish to any of your favorite Mexican meals. This recipes comes together in literally 5 minutes using Thrive Life Freeze Dried items. Isn’t it a beautiful dish ALL made from food storage? it’s amazing! Not to mention many of the ingredients are on sale this month.
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Red Bell Peppers or fresh
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Green Chile Peppers or fresh
- 1/4 cup Thrive Sliced Onions or fresh
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Thrive Life Tomato Powder optional for color
- 2 cups Thrive Life Instant Rice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. Dried cilantro or fresh
- In a hot skillet, add the olive oil to the pan. Let it heat up and then add the bell peppers, green chiles and onions. Let them sauté for a few minutes and then add the chicken broth and seasonings. Add the instant rice, stir and put a lid on the pan for 3-5 minutes for the rice to get tender. Remove lid and then add the salsa and fresh cilantro. Serve.
If you love Cafe Rio’s famous Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing, you are going to LOVE this copycat recipe! It is so great as a dip, on salads or served with these delicious Beef Chimichangas.
This Hot Corn Queso Dip is unreal good! It’s such a delicious side salad or dip that will be gobbled up before you get it to the table. Serve plain, as a side dish or serve with tortilla chips. It’s so delicious and made completely from food storage ingredients ON SALE. Check out our Instagram Live to see me make this recipe.
- 1 lb. frozen corn thawed or 2 1/2 cups Thrive Life Corn
- 1 small red onion diced or 1/2 cup Thrive Life Sliced Onion
- 1 red bell pepper diced or 1/2 cup Thrive Life Red Bell Pepper
- 1 green bell pepper diced or 1/2 cup Thrive Life Green Bell Peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced or 2 Tbs. Thrive LIfe Green Chiles
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chips
Give this Spicy Refried Bean Dip a try. It’s all made from food storage ingredients and comes together in about 5 minutes. It’s a delicious side dish that goes well with most meals or you can enjoy it as a simple appetizer!
- Combine all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Stir until smooth and then serve with tortilla chips or as a side dish.