I’ve been teaching cooking classes for kids for almost 3 years and I love it SO much! It is such a highlight to share my passion for cooking with children of all ages. I love seeing their excitement for learning a new skill and making delicious and healthy recipes–all on their own! They do amazing and we had such a fun time this past month trying new protein smoothies during each class.
This Blueberry Cobbler Protein Smoothie was everyones favorite–by far! The kids loved that it tasted just like blueberry cobbler and I loved that it was not only healthy but beautiful too. The color was so brilliant and that’s always a good sign when it comes straight from your food–and not food dye 😉 I used some of my favorite Thrive Life products to help give this smoothie an extra bit of nutrients and yum-factor.
Give Thrive Life’s Bananas a try too. They are on sale until the end of February for 25% off, which is amazing!
If you want to switch up your breakfast routine and teach your kids a healthy recipe, this smoothie recipe is for you. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 6 oz. vanilla or blueberry greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup freeze dried Thrive Life Blueberries optional
- 1 banana or 1/2 cup Thrive Life Bananas
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups ice cubes
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less ice depending how thick you like your smoothies. You can omit the freeze dried blueberries but if you have them, they add a more concentrated flavor of blueberry than frozen ones. Freeze dried bananas also work well instead of fresh, just add a little extra almond milk for more liquid. Serve cold.