These Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect solution to those over-ripe bananas you’re just about to toss in the trash. Those sweet, mushy bananas work perfectly in these cookies and give them such a soft, tender texture that goes great with this oat base dough. Add some chocolate chips and you have a cookie that’s a little bit healthier than your average chocolate chip cookie recipes. Give these cookies a try and enjoy their delicious texture and flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or more brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and seasonings. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour and oats to the dough until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Spoon cookie balls about the size of a golf ball onto the tray. The cookies will spread a bit so don't put too many on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the oven and remove cookies onto a paper towel or cookie sheet. Let cool and then serve.