Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect summer dessert to bring to any of your upcoming parties. Four layers of pure goodness. What would July 4th weekend be without great food? Since blueberries are always on sale this week, I thought this Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bar would be the perfect recipe to share with you for your upcoming events. It is even slightly patriotic with the blue and white layers 😉 Not only is this cheesecake rich and smooth as silk, but the cookie crust and crumble topping take this dessert over the top! Hope you give this recipe a try, I know it will be a huge hit this weekend!
- Crumb & Crust:
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced plain almonds
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese 1-1/2 packages, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13-by 9-inch baking pan.
- Soften the butter and combine it with the sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy. Add the flour, the baking powder and salt. Beat until crumbly.
- Transfer 2/3 of the crumbs to the baking pan and pat to make an even layer. Bake 10 minutes until the surface is dry but not browned.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, white sugar, lemon zest and juice and almond extract until fluffy. Beat in the eggs until combined.
- When the crust has baked, spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the top and bake 20 minutes until the cheesecake has set.
- When the cheesecake layer has baked, sprinkle the blueberries and the rest of the crust/crumb mixture over it and bake 20 minutes until the crumbs have browned.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least 2 hours until the cheesecake is firm before cutting into 24 bars