Grilling this weekend? Then, oh my..do I have a recipe for you! This Lemon Pesto Chicken is my new, favorite marinade for this summer’s grilling season. This marinade is SO versatile I will show you in the next few days three different recipes I used with this same chicken and marinade. It is incredible and so easy–you can throw it together in the morning and have a flavorful dinner everyone will love without any effort! I always keep pesto in my freezer for meals like these. If you have a Costco near you, their Kirkland Pesto is my all time favorite and works great in the freezer in small tupperwares so you have it on hand whenever you are craving a pesto.
- 5-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- ¼-⅓ cup pesto
- 1 Tbs. montreal steak seasoning
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbs. chicken bouillon or base
- 1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepperPlace all of the above ingredients into a gallon Ziploc bag or large bowl and mix together the marinade ingredients. Let the chicken marinate for 2-8 hours. When ready to grill, drain the marinade off of the chicken and grill chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Garnish with more fresh basil and you can even make extra marinade (or reserve a little) and brush the cooked chicken with extra sauce.