Are you looking to switch up your meal plan? This recipe for Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken is the answer to adding a little more spice & zing into your week’s meals. You are going to love the marinade of the vinegary, spicy, citrus marinade for this chicken. When grilled it is so juicy and tender and the flavors pair perfectly with the pepperjack cheese on top. It’s not overly spicy, just perfect with a little kick and flavor to take this chicken over the top. Serve with a simple rice pilaf or this Southwestern Quinoa for a nice side option. Remember to check out our DEALS page to find the ingredients for this recipe on sale.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper juice from a jar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbs. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers whole
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag or tupperware and place the chicken into the sauce. Keep the chicken in the fridge for 4-24 hours, or until ready to grill. When ready to serve, heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until golden brown. Turn chicken over and continue to cook until the center of the chicken is cooked through. For the last couple minutes of cooking, place a slice of pepperjack cheese on top of each chicken breast. Once the cheese is melted, remove the chicken from the grill and serve with extra jalapeno peppers (if desired).