It’s another week and I’m excited to share a delicious recipe for Waffle Love Copycat Waffles. They are so easy, even your kids can make them! Check out our DealstoMeals Youtube channel and get this simple and fun recipe to make in your own kitchen.
We had a BLAST at our latest kid and teen cooking classes and excited to share several new recipes with you each week.
Copycat Waffle Love Waffles
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 sticks salted butter
- 4 tsp. instant yeast
- 6 Tbs. white sugar
- 6 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 6-7 cups flour
- 1 1/2-2 cups Belgian pearl sugar (can add more or less to your liking)
- 1 jar Nutella
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 8 oz. blackberries or bluberries
- 1 pint whipped cream
- In a microwaveable bowl, pour the milk and water together and microwave for 2-3 minutes. To the milk, add the yeast, sugar, honey and whisk until smooth.
- Put a dish cloth over the bowl and let rest for 5-10 minutes, or until the yeast becomes bubbly.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a dough hook and mix together the butter and eggs until they are smooth.
- Slowly pour in the yeast/milk mixture to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix. Add the flour one cup at a time an dmix on low speed. Continue to add the flour slowly as the dough starts to pull away from the edge of the bowl.
- The dough will be pretty sticky, but needs to be stiff enough to form into a ball. Add the pearled sugar to the dough and mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rise until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, heat a waffle iron to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- With a spoon, spoon out a large ball of dough and form into a 1/2-1/4 inch flat circle. Place the dough into the center of the waffle iron and cook.
- Cook for several minutes on lower heat, or until the waffle is golden brown. Remove waffles and serve with favorite toppings.
Check out our last week’s video for 4 Healthy Snacks your kids will love. These are simple recipes that your children will be able to make on their own and get excited about making and eating.