This Creamy Beef and Green Bean Stroganoff saved dinner the other night when I had 15 minutes to get food on the table. I was teaching a food storage class and needed a healthy meal in a hurry. I wanted to come up with a new recipe using some of the March Thrive Life sale items.
Thrive’s Diced Beef isone of my favorite meats they sell. It’s beautiful pieces of beef roast that works so well in stews, soups, in stir fry’s and in recipes like this stroganoff. This recipe also uses Thrive’s Onions, Green Beans and Mushrooms that are on sale. Serve this dish over mashed potatoes or rice. It’s creamy, hearty and full of delicious flavor everyone will love. Check out all of the March specials before they are gone!
- 2 cups Thrive Life Brown Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Water
- 1/2 cup Thrive Life Sliced Onions
- 1 cup Thrive Life Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup Thrive Diced Beef
- 1 1/2 cup Thrive Life Green Beans
- 1 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Thrive Life Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or 1 can evaporated milk
- Put the brown rice into a pan with the two cups of water and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest while you make the beef mixture.
- In a bowl, add the diced beef and green beans in the 1 1/2 cup water and let rest for 10 minutes. In a saute pan, add the olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add the sliced onions and mushrooms along with 1 Tbs. Water. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the beef, beans and water mixture to the pan and bring to a low boil until the water starts to evaporate. Once the water is mostly evaporated, add the seasonings, heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Let rest until ready to serve.
- Serve over the rice and garnish with fresh parsley or dried parsley. Serve with extra cheese if you wish.