I am always in need of a quick side dish recipe that I can throw together and add to any meal. This week I had potatoes on hand and wanted to come up with the perfect Crispy Baked Potato Logs. I love homemade french fries and love the fact they are baked and not fried. With these fries I decided to add a little ranch twist. We pretty much love ranch here at our house so we decided to bake the fries in a ranch seasoning mix and then dip the crispy potatoes in ranch as well. Double the ranch, double the love! These were super easy to make and were a hit for the whole family!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano or basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 4 Tbs. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and wash the potatoes. Slice each potato into 5 or 6 half inch pieces. Try and make them as uniform in length and width as possible.
- Toss the potatoe pieces into a large bowl and drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of them. Toss the potatoes in the oil until all are coated.
- Season the potatoes with the spices. Be generous with the salt, as potatoes need a lot of seasonings ot make them flavorful. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top. Toss everything together. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay the potatoes out on the pans. Try and not have the potatoes touching (if possible). If you need a second sheet pan, you can. For crispy fries, you need to have them spread out in one layer, flat.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice while they cook. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.