After posting about the Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Pinwheels yesterday, I had to also post about these amazing Garlic Chicken Cheese Rolls. I used the same bread dough but just switched up the ingredients. I also used all of the ingredients on sale from Thrive Life this month and was shocked that this entire dinner was made from my FOOD STORAGE?! So amazing we can have fresh vegetables, protein and cheese all from our storage. So cool!
This recipe is a great one to use this month because the chicken, CHEESE , broccoli, red bell peppers and green onions are on sale this month. Some of these items will be on Thrive’s Spring Sale which starts April 18th. Don’t miss these deals because when they’re gone, they’re gone.
For the dough for these rolls I used our same, simple French Bread Recipe.
Prepare this recipe just the way you would like a cinnamon roll. Roll out the dough, spread with ranch dressing, top with your favorite toppings and then roll up nice and tight. Cut the roll into pieces and bake on a co okie sheet. Easy and simple and FUN to make!
- 1 recipe French Bread or Roll Recipe can use Thrive Life's Dough Starter
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups Thrive Life broccoli diced small
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Thrive Life Chicken Pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life Green Onions
- 1/2 red Thrive Life Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 2 to 3 cups Thrive Life Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tsp. Garlic seasoning
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- Make a batch of the bread dough and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add the freeze dried broccoli with water and let sit for 10 minutes to soften. Do the same with the chicken and place the chicken in a bowl with the water until tender. This will take about 10-15 minutes. For the mozzarella cheese, red bell peppers and green onions you can simply spray with a little water or sprinkle with some water. There will be enough moisture in the rolls that you don't need to hydrate those items completely.
- When everything is ready and prepped sprinkle a little flour onto the counter in about a 12x24 inch rectangle. Remove the dough from the mixer bowl and place onto the floured counter. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle about 12x24 inches. You want the dough wider than you do tall so when you roll it (like a cinnamon roll), you have plenty of space to cut your rolls into large pieces.
- Once the dough is rolled out as flat as you can get it (about 1/4 inch), pour the ranch dressing onto the top of the dough and spread evenly. Drain the chicken and broccoli completely of any excess water. Sprinkle the broccoli, chicken, green onions and red bell peppers all over the rectangle of dough. Sprinkle with the cheese evenly all over the toppings. Sprinkle a little garlic seasoning all over the top.
- Rolling the dough from the long edge away from you, fold in the edges nice and tight. Continue to roll the dough all the way until you reach the bottom part of the rectangle and you are able to seal up the edges of the dough to help keep all of the fillings nice and tight on the inside. The tighter you roll your dough 'log', the better looking your pinwheels will be.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray. Cut the dough 'log' in half. Cut each half in half again. Do this one more time until you have 8-10 large slices of pinwheels you can place onto the cookie sheet. You can cut the pieces as thin or thick as you would like. Depending how much dough you used and how thin you rolled it, you may have up to 12 slices to put on the pan.
- Cover the pinwheels in the pan with saran wrap. Let rise for about 45 minutes, or until you can see that the dough is growing and looking light and fluffy. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once preheated, remove the saran wrap and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Once the rolls are out of the oven, remove and brush with melted butter and sprinkle the garlic seasoning powder over the top of the rolls. Serve warm.