I’m pretty sure if I had to pick my favorite flavors, Greek seasonings and their food would be some of the best. I love the flavor combination of lemon, feta cheese, basil, cucumbers, thyme, etc. One of my favorite salads comes from my friend Jamie’s blog. She blogs over at Jamie Cooks it Up. You should totally check out her recipes–they are all super amazing!
This recipe for her Greek Salad is one of my favorites. It’s so healthy, fresh and delicious.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 2-3 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head lettuce
- 2 grilled chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3/4-1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4-1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- Grab some mini peppers, tomatoes and a cucumber. To chop the peppers, just cut the tops off (I don't remove the seeds), chop each pepper into thin slices and then chop the slices into small chunks. Cut the top and bottom ends from the cucumber and then slice it in half, length wise. Cut each half into three thin strips and chop the strips into small chunks. Slice the top off the top of each tomato and then chop each one into small chunks.
- To the vegetables add 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons dill, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper. Give it a nice stir, cover and pop it into the fridge while you make the dressing.
- Into your blender place 1/2 cup red wine vinegar.
- Add 1/4 C chopped red onion, 1 C sugar, 2 teaspoons dry mustard and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend it all together.
- Add 1 cup canola or vegetable oil, just a little bit at a time, blending after each addition.
- You need two grilled chicken breasts. A rotisserie chicken would also work well. If your grilled chicken is frozen, place it on a plate and then cover it with a second plate. Pop it into the microwave for 2 minutes. It should be nice and juicy for you. Chop it into some lovely chunks.
- Grab some spring mix lettuce and lay it out on a pretty platter. Lay the chopped chicken over the greens. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the top and sprinkle with 1 cup feta cheese.
- Just before you serve it pour the beautiful pink dressing over the top. Serve immediately.