It’s the new year and it’s time to introduce some whole grains, big flavors and healthy ingredients to your meal plan. This Thai Peanut Chicken Quinoa Salad is the answer t your healthy meal plan solutions. Quinoa is a wonderful way to add fiber and nutrients to your favorite recipes. You can add quinoa in your breakfast cereal, in cookies, smoothies, etc. This salad recipe brings all of these healthy aspects together in one delicious place. You’re going to love the peanut thai flair and you’ll be sad when your bowl is gone. It’s delicious!
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and seasoned
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger powder or fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a rice cooker, or in a sauce pan over a stove, place the quinoa and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and then place a lid on the quinoa and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Once the quinoa is tender, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, grill or bake the chicken until cooked through. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables by shredding the carrots, slicing the green onions, dice the red bell pepper, dice the cucumbers and slice the purple cabbage into thin strips. Add all of these vegetables into the bowl with the chicken.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Put the salad together by adding the cooled quinoa to the bowl with all of the other ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Garnish with salted peanuts.