One of my favorite blogs is Wonky Wonderful. There pictures are so great and many of the recipes I’ve tried are super delicious This recipe for these Mustard Chicken Sandwiches is no exception. I added a little more seasonings and used green cabbage along with the purple cabbage and it was super delicious.
I didn’t snap a photo in time, so thank you Wonky Wonderful for sharing yours. Check out this recipe on our meal planner over at Prepear and see how easy it is to get meals on the table again–and save money too! Hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbs. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. water
- 6 to 8 ct. hamburger buns or rolls
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Mix honey, mustard and the 1/4 cup of water together and pour into a large slow cooker. Add the chicken to the slow cooker and toss with the sauce. Cook on low heat for 4-4 1/2 hours (or longer if chicken is frozen). Mix 2 Tbs. of water and the cornstarch in a bowl until smooth and then add to the slow cooker. Cook for 20 more minutes, or until thickened. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Shred the chicken into large pieces. Let the chicken rest whil you make the slaw.
- For the salw, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Serve the honey mustard shredded chicken on a soft roll with the slaw on top.