You can make your own Homemade Buttermilk with only a few ingredients. This fresh buttermilk is great in pancakes, sauces, soups, fried chicken, etc. Such a great recipe to be made all from food storage ingredients!
- 1 cup Thrive Life Dry Powdered Milk
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- In a bowl or glass container, whisk together the powdered milk, warm water and lemon juice.
- Mix until smooth and then let the container sit on the counter for 30-45 minutes or until the lemon juice starts to slightly curd the milk.
- Keep the buttermilk in the fridge until cold. Use in homemade dressings, to batter chicken, in pancakes, etc.
- Buttermilk will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.