Artichoke Bacon Chicken Pasta is a delicious pasta filled with plenty of delicious flavor and texture. Switch up your traditional pasta recipes with this unique and flavor packed dish.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3-4 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved (or regular tomatoes)
- 8 oz. bag of spinach
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 8 oz. jarred artichokes rinsed
- 2-3 cups heavy whipping cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta cooked and drained
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a large pot full of water. Bring to a boil on the stove. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and stir. Cook the pasta until al dente and set aside. Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat a large skillet pan to medium high heat. Place the bacon into the pan and cook on medium-high heat until the bacon is crispy and cooked through. Once the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain. Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan, but leave some in to cook chicken. Heat the pan back to medium-high heat. Place a layer of the chicken pieces into the hot oil. Season the chicken with the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Let the chicken pieces cook until each side of the chicken is golden brown. Continue to do this until all of the chicken is cooked. When they are, remove the chicken from the pan. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- To the pan, drizzle with olive oil, or add some more of the bacon fat into the pan. Saute the sliced mushrooms in the same pan and cook until tender and soft. Once the mushrooms are soft, add to the skillet/pan the spinach, grapte tomatoes and chicken pieces. Add the whipping cream to the pan and bring to a simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce and cook. Add the cooked noodles to the mixture and toss. Garnish the pasta with crumbled bacon and fresh parsley. Serve.