If you have not tried our recipe for Grilled Sticky Pork Chops, you need to! They are sweet, a little spicy and have a fun caraway flavor. This Parmesan Pea Pilaf is the perfect side dish to add to any of your favorite meals. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
*Parmesan Pea Pilaf–a super simple side dish! Just use two boxes of Wild Rice Rice-a-Roni. Saute the rice with a chopped onion. Once the rice is tender, add the water and packet as normal. A few minutes before serving add a fourth cup of parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. Simple and delicious!
- 2 boxes Herb and Butter Rice a Roni
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Water and oil according to package directions
- Bring the water to a boil according to the boxed directions on the Rice Roni package. Bring the water to a boil. Add the butter or olive oil the mixture. Add the diced onion tot he butter or olive oil and saute until tender. Add the rice and the seasoning packet to the water that is boiling. Turn the stove to low heat and put a lid on the pan. Cook according to the boxed directions. Once the rice is cooked, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Add in a cup of frozen peas, a tablespoon of fresh or dried parsley and the shredded parmesan cheese. Stir around the pilaf and serve warm.