Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day weekend with these deliciously festive Pot of Gold Cupcakes. The cupcake batter has a fun flair of pistachio and the pudding makes them nice and moist, as well as leprechaun green. The buttercream frosting has a hint of blue and the cupcake is decorated with simple candies. Your kids will love decorating their rainbow with skittles, gold sprinkles, junior mints and mini marshmallows.
Check out how simple these cupcakes are to create.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water or lemon lime soda
- 1 cup oil
- 6 –8 drops green food coloring
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Blue food coloring for ‘sky’ on cupcakes
- ¼ –½ cup milk
- 1 lb.-1 ½ lb. powdered sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Junior mints
- Gold sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 box of instant pudding mix, eggs, soda, oil, and green food coloring and mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25 -30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean to indicate the cake is done. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the Frosting: In a bowl, and with an electric mixer, blend the butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, salt, food coloring and milk and continue to blend. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until frosting is light and fluffy and the consistency you would like.
- Decorate the cupcake to look like a rainbow with a pot of gold at the bottom. Use skittles for the rainbow, marshmallows for the clouds, junior mint for the pot, gold sprinkles for the gold. You can add 4 green skittles as the shamrocks.