Only one more week until Easter and what a special time of year it is! Spring is one of my favorite times of year. It’s so special to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and thinking about those loved ones we’ve lost that we will get to see again someday. So many beautiful reasons to celebrate this season.
Below is my favorite Spiral Ham Pineapple Glaze recipe and a delicious Hot Spicy Mustard that goes perfectly with your Easter ham. I always serve this ham with Cheesy Funeral Potatoes and a side salad. Nothing fancy, just a traditional Easter dinner with friends and family.
If you would like some Easter handouts and helps to make your season a little more meaningful, here are a few handouts I’ve created to help my family focus on Christ this special week.
I hope you have the most amazing Easter week! Thank you for stopping by.
- 1 boneless or spiral ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsb. lemon juice
- 1/2 Ts. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Add the glaze ingredients into a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and low boil until thick and then set aside. Bake ham as directed on the package in a roaster pan or slow cooker. For the last 30 minutes of baking, pour pineapple glaze on top of the ham and cook. Bake until sauce is warmed through and then serve.
There are few things as great with a spiral ham than a hot and spicy mustard. This somewhat sweet, somewhat spicy and deliciously flavorful mustard is so great on sandwiches, with your ham or with spring rolls. This mustard will last in your fridge for several months, so keep it on hand and find fun ways to use it.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combined the Dijon mustard, dry mustard, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic clove, fresh lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Great on ham, on sandwiches or with spring rolls.