It’s just about summer and that means for dessert I am craving cold, refreshing desserts like this Winger’s Asphalt Pie. It’s the perfect treat to share with family and friends on a hot day. Not to mention it takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and is a crowd pleaser! If you’ve been to Winger’s restaurant before and had their Asphalt Pie you know just how great these ingredients go together.
At first I thought the combination of caramel, mint and Oreo seemed a little strange. However, once you try it, you will love it! The buttery cookie crust is perfect with the cold ice cream and topped with caramel makes the whole thing extra special.
Ice cream and Oreos are on sale this week so check out all of the FREE Grocery Deals/Comparisons on our website and start saving today! Also, get our weekly meal planner on the amazing Prepear APP and let me help make meal time easy and fun for you–all while saving money on your groceries.
- 1 pkg. Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 gallon Mint Ice Cream
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 8 oz. jar caramel sauce
- In a gallon ziploc bag, add 2 sleeves of the Oreo cookies (leaving 12 cookies for the garnish). Zip the bag closed and with a mallet or back of a pan mash the Oreos until crumbs. Place the cookies into a 9x13 pan. Melt a stick of butter and pour over the Oreo cookies. Spread the cookies into a thin layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the mint ice cream on top of the oreo crust until you have it all spread evenly throughout the pan.
- Add the Cool Whip topping on top of the ice cream and spread until even.
- Put the pan in the freezer for one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve cut the dessert into 12 even pieces and place an Oreo cookie on top of each piece. When serving, drizzle with caramel sauce and serve cold.